Job Number: Business: GE Energy Business Segment: Energy : Headquarters About Us: The Thermal System and Power Plant Engineering COE, TSGTE cons ...
Business: GE Energy
Business Segment: Energy : Headquarters
About Us: The Thermal System and Power Plant Engineering COE, TSGTE consists of a 100:member team working on gas and steam turbine, generator systems and accessories, balance of plant equipment . The gas turbine accessories teams focuses on the design and analysis of GT accessories like fuel gas systems, liquid fuel systems, purge air systems, diluent and oil systems. The team does detailed design and built to print of mechanical systems such as GT inlet and exhaust system and GT and ST enclosures. The hi:fidelity analysis team focuses on CFD/FEA for these systems at preliminary design stage. The steam accessories team focuses on design and requisition engineering of lube oil and hydraulic oil systems for steam turbines and main and reheat steam piping from stop and control valves to turbine connections, LP stop and admission control valves, gland seal condenser and steam seal system, manual and pneumatic valves.The plant system analysis team provides solution and optimization strategy for an overall combined cycle power plant.
Posted Position Title: Engineer:
Career Level: Experienced
Function Segment: Product Design and Development
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces:
Relocation Assistance: No
Role Summary/Purpose: GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.* Conceive, develop, establish solutions to Gas Turbine Operability issues by integrating capability of GT components, and by working with GT Performance and Controls Teams
* Work with various GT Engineering teams to understand component capabilities/issues, and to optimize overall system capability, flexibility, and risk
* Build system level and subsystem level models for transient operability studies using Hysys tool.
Essential Responsibilities: * Interpret the results obtained from analysis and provide recommendations on operation philosophy and control methods.
* Understand the Global market and Grid Regulations and evaluate how well the Gas Turbine can comply with the requirements and seek improvements
* Interact with Gas Turbine and Operability community to establish/communicate best practices and latest technical breakthroughs
* Investigate and Resolve fleet gas turbine operability issues and actively promote improvements across all product lines
* Evaluate / Assess Gas Turbine Operability characteristics, issues, and enhancements with respect to product spec guidelines / requirements / standards
* Make recommendations to GT Component teams, EPM, Product Service, NPI Program managers/teams, Controls, Leadership teams
* Prepare and document Design Record Book studies, Design Reviews, Test Reports, Design Memos, and updates to Design Practices